Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weird and Funny Place Names

Okay, yup I am sick for a change. Fever and the yucks, not gonna get into further details. Who needs to know? Been in bed for most of the day. And I have been depressed enough from stuff that has happened in my life, in regard to my health---- that I cannot do a damn thing about. Okay so either I keep bitching about it, or I do what I can to get my mind off of my woes-- which I have decided to do tonight.

My topic for tonight is one that I had found from that lovely site http://www.thatsweird.net/. Gotta say I love it. This is sure an interesting one. Wanna know what it's about? Ready to hear?

Yep , Weird and Funny Place Names!! And they are all true. Below is a list of these places that I had gotten from that site. The comments underneath are in red. Enjoy.

Arsoli (Lazio, Italy)
In other words, there is an area in Italy that is full of lazy asses?
If you are a lost tourist in Arsoli, do not expect to be given
directions of how to get to where you want to go. They are
obviously a bunch of lazy asses who don't want to be bothered.
Would explain the name of the town.

Bastard (Norway)
Okay, I am not even gonna touch this one.
My bio-dad was apparently from Norway,
though half Norwegian and half Moravian.
He must have been one hell of a player,
and I never knew him. So, not gonna even
attempt to comment on this one.

Beaver (Oklahoma, USA)
A stripper addict's dream come true.

Beaver Head (Idaho, USA)
Even more of a dream come true for a horny
stripper addict! Heaven!

Brown Willy (Cornwall,UK)
Hey, you know that sounds like a name of a
Western style diner. Guess my mind is out of
the gutter for that one.

Chinaman's Knob (Australia)
Don't expect many Chinese male
tourists to visit that city.

Climax (Colorado, USA)
The best part of Colorado, can't miss
that place.

Cunt (Spain)
I now know where to round 'em up and send 'em off!
Then then name would sure be appropriate.

Cunter (Switzerland)
I know where to round those up to, and send 'em off-
just so they can take a flight out to Cunt, Spain to ...
ah tooooo perfect.

Dikshit (India)
A place where men don't clean up after themselves
after going to the bathroom *eww*

Dildo (Newfoundland, Canada)
A dream place for a single, horny, desperate woman.

Dong Rack (Thailand-Cambodia border)
A place of lots of exposure shall we say.

Dongo (Congo - Democratic Republic)
If you like long ones, that is the place to visit!

Effin (Limerick, Ireland)
I guess they are too polite to say the real thing.

Fuku (Shensi, China)
In Shensi China, they must say it all of the time
they had no option but to name the city after the
most said words! Others must piss them off quite a
bit, apparently.

Fukue (Honshu, Japan)
Same with this area of Japan.

Fukui (Honshu, Japan)
Wow, more profanity used in Japan than we
thought! Who would have thought that?

Fukum (Yemen)
And in Yemen too, wow lots of people
pissing off everyone else.

Hold With Hope (Greenland)
No comment on this one!!!

Intercourse (Pennsylvania, USA)
At least they are classy enough to use the proper term.
Either it happens the most in PA, or PA purposely named
a city "Intercourse" to give out subliminal messages to
their villagers to give them something to do.
Doubt they are complaining.

Lickey End (West Midlands, UK)
Must be tasty.

Little Dix Village (West Indies)
If you, woman want it big, this is the sure
place to avoid! You won't be happy here.

Lord Berkeley's Knob (Sutherland, Scotland)
Now we know the truth about Lord Berkeley, he has
a knob and he must be so proud to the point he named
a city after his asset.

Middle Intercourse Island (Australia)
Like PA, higher class and must be fun.

Muff (Northern Ireland)
Horny guy (or lesbians), this is the place for you!

Nobber (Donegal, Ireland)
We know what goes on here! Lots more fun, s or s?

Pis Pis River (Nicaragua)
Ewww wouldn't want to drink out of that one.

Sexmoan (Luzon, Philippines)
We know what that sound was and where most
of it comes from!

Seymen (Turkey)
A good place for a woman to get pregnant.

Shafter (California, USA)
City of whores, in other words.

Shag Island (Indian Ocean)
A place of action!

Shitlingthorpe (Yorkshire, UK)
Just... nice.

Tittybong (Australia)
Sound like a fun place to be!

Tong Fuk (Japan)
Must be a reason for Japan's cities to have
such dirty names!

Turdo (Romania)
Lovely.

Twatt (Orkney, UK)
A lonely man's place to fulfill his dream.

Wank (Germany)
Get ready for lots of places to visit if you are feeling
quite lonely..and feeling, um rather...

Wankendorf (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)
Wankener (India)
Wankie (Zimbabwe)
Wankie Colliery (Zimbabwe)
Wanks River (Nicaragua)
Wankum (Germany)

Wet Beaver Creek (Australia)
Another man's dream land!

So what is it up with these names??
Who ever named these cities OBVIOUSLY
had such dirty minds. Their minds were
so dirty that they had to get it out of their
systems. Naming cities after their deep dirty
thoughts was one way of doing it I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Andi! These are SO FUNNY! I had to stop and find a kleenex to wipe my eyes I was laughing so much I was crying! :+)

    ReplyDelete